- 50 hires made from relationships with Eon employees at risk of losing their jobs
- 850 job opportunities presented to Carillion employees within 24 hours of being made at-risk
- Increased reach and diversity of candidate pool
- Cost and time efficiencies achieved in the engagement, attraction and recruitment of talent
Talent Source Network is a collaboration of more than 20 employers that encourages people to develop a career in the energy and utilities industries.
Aidan Brooks – Talent and Skills Manager for the organisation accepted the heady challenge of developing a Sector Attraction Strategy for companies that recognised the opportunity of promoting the wider industry, therefore increasing the flow of candidates into their hiring pool.
Whilst the Energy and Utilities Skills Initiative had previously been supported by Government Funding, Aidan’s primary challenge was to build the network to be commercially funded and deliver measurable value to member organisations. After all – many already had resourcing teams in place who were responsible for their end-to-end recruitment process.
Members needed to derive real value from Talent Source Network. Therefore, building a pipeline of talent and retaining quality candidates for the future had to extend far beyond traditional hiring methods.
Working with Hollaroo
Previously responsible for Youth attraction, Aidan is no stranger to the ‘art of engagement’ and recognised the need to develop relationships with prospective candidates who typically had a limited view of career prospects in this vibrant sector.
Using Hollaroo’s Engagement and Referral capability, the organisation has developed resources to profile, educate, and increase the visibility of the sector.
Hollaroo Engage has provided a space for Talent Source Network to engage with potential candidates who are not ready to enter the application process. It has enabled the team to engage with passive talent and build relationships through automated content and newsletters.
Hollaroo Refer has enabled energy and utilities employees to introduce talented connections to Talent Source Network without them having to be directly linked to a role.
Using Hollaroo’s platform has provided the perfect foundation for the relationship marketing at the heart of Aidan’s strategy:
- Eon: The team focused specifically on the redeployment of unemployed workers. As a result, 50 individual hires were made with 100% retention rate in meter reader roles. A real success story.
- Carillion: Within 24 hours of the news of Carillion’s imminent demise, Aidan and his team had presented 850 job opportunities to their workforce. No other organisation would have been in a position to have that industry wide view – nor the technology to perpetuate the relationship with individuals who are not typical ‘apply now’ candidates.
Hollaroo shares the success measures held by Talent Source Network and tracks metrics including reach (how many potential candidates), diversity (demographics), and net promotor score (level of engagement). This means member organisations understand the true value the network brings, and Aidan’s team can target areas for improvement.
Using Hollaroo, Talent Source Network can target specific demographic groups in line with its target to attract a diverse range of talent (female, BAME, service leavers) to the industry. Hollaroo has helped Talent Source Network to achieve cost and time efficiencies in the engagement, attraction and recruitment of talent.